PROVO, Utah — A mosquito pool in Utah County has tested positive for West Nile Virus, according to the Utah County Health Department.
UCHD offered the following tips for protecting oneself from West Nile Virus:
Protect yourself with the 6 “Ds”
- DRAIN standing water
- DAWN and DUSK are time to avoid being outside
- DRESS appropriately (long sleeves and pants)
- DEFEND yourself with DEET
- DOOR and window screens should be in good condition
- DISTRICT [representatives] are available to address concerns – Call 801-851-7637
West Nile Virus has also been detected in Grand County, Sevier County, Salt Lake County and Washington counties this year.
Continue Reading on Fox 13 Salt Lake City