Lehi community affected by Traverse Fire thanks first responders who saved their homes

in People

LEHI, Utah (ABC4 News) – On Saturday June 27, Northern Lehi residents were struck with an alarming blaze that could have claimed dozens of homes. The Traverse Fire began at around 11:30 p.m that Saturday night, the fire was started by fireworks being discharged during a restricted time.

The fire ultimately burned over 450 acres and has since been 100% contained, evacuations were issued for homes in both Lehi and Draper neighborhoods where flames came dangerously close to the residents front doors.

Thursday, July 9th, community members and officials gathered at Canyon Hills soccer field in Lehi to show gratitude to those first responders who worked tirelessly to battle the flames and keep homes from burning

The Lassen family who resides on Autumn Hills, where the fire was burning right in their backyard. The family recalls the scary incident by sharing that they only had about 20 minutes to gather important documents and evacuate their home. “It’s humbling to see the power of the fire and the smoke, it’s even more humbling to know that we have men and women in community who spend their career training for these incidents. Thank you for putting your lives in jeopardy for us.”

Continue Reading on ABC 4

Tags:

Latest from People

Go to Top